Is it a bird? Is it a plane?
No, it’s my brand new website – finally in the air!
I’m Christoffer Helgelin Hald. I’m 36 years old. This is my first blog post on my new website.
I’m a digital designer and work at design agency Re-public in Copenhagen, Denmark. I make a living thinking and shaping digital solutions of all kinds. Which means that most of the time I just wreste with my own bug-ridden code. I graduated from the ‘Graphic Arts Institute of Denmark’ (now ‘Danmarks Medie- og Journalisthøjskole’) in 2004 with a thesis on Interactive Design.
I have looked forward to this moment for long time. My new website has been underway for over a year. However, I got my first website on the Internet way back in 1996. More than 20 years ago – or more than half my life. My experience tells me, that making something for yourself takes at four times as longer than usual – if it ever gets finished.
The website consists of two parts. Work – with many examples of different projects, websites, illustrations and other graphic oddities. And then the Blog – of which you’re reading the first post right here.
I have no idea about how often or which topics I’ll write about, yet. Propably what I feel like, right? My interests are many and include design, typography, technology, programming, network solutions, internet culture, hacking and activism, art, movies, virtual reality, futurism, litterature, video games, cooking, organic and sustainable foods, animal welfare, beer brewing, road bikes and running. Oh, and cat-GIFs too.
I endeavor to make the website as simple as possible – without compromising usability in any way. A goal for in all the work I do.
Some technical keywords for the new website
- Completely platform independent – not just mobile first
- High-ppi ready (retina optimized)
- Full responsive fluid design
- Articles are optimized for absolutely best readability
- No brand or logos – it’s all about the content.
- No unnecessary graphic elements.
- Use of HTML5 semantic tagging
- Super simple
- Standardized time-categorization
- 100% W3C-verified code
- SEO-optimized content (whatever that is)
- Speed: gzip and server-caching
- Use of Facebook OpenGraph og Dublin Core meta extensions
- XML sitemap with priorities on page/post-level
- SEO-friendly pagination
- WordPress – I just love WordPress
- Built with Bootstrap 4 (alpha so far), GreenSock and SASS-precompiling
If you have any questions, I’d love to hear from you. You can reach me at [email protected].